Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Moved... again

This most recent move has been harder than the other four moves in Philadelphia. I know a large part of this is because I had salmonella poisoning and didn't feel well. It's been a reminder that this world is not my home. God is not letting me physically settle here in Philly. Emotionally and spiritually I've settled because my calling is sure.

Two weeks ago, I've moved two miles closer to Center City Philadelphia. My life is changing, my calling has changed and is being re-focused. On Camac Street I was only a few miles to easy access to the suburbs and the mall. Now on Luray Street I'll be closer to where many of our YoungLives girls live. This is exciting because it's more holistic in my mind and will allow us to hang out more naturally.

The new neighborhood I've moved to is called Hunting Park I need to learn some Spanish in the coming months to talk with many of my neighbors. Just a block away there is an amazing Colombian restaurant called Tierra Colombiana!

1 comment:

Joel said...

Hi Monica, I hope you've enjoyed settling into your new neighborhood, where it sounds like God has called you to live for a time. I enjoyed running into you this past weekend in St. Elmo, and hope that your YoungLives ministry goes well.