Sunday, November 09, 2008

Autumn has peaked in Philly

I forgot how much I love the intense colors. I've thought about and reflected on why I love and yet fear Autumn. The leaves are so beautiful and yet their turning is an indication that Winter is around the corner. I hold my breath and brace myself for the season I like least. It's hard for me to truly enjoy the few weeks of Fall because I'm dreading the Winter. I don't want to live like that. Help me enjoy the moments.

Life is a process and full of seasons. There are many beautiful Autumns, cold Winters, beautiful Springs and warm Summers. As Winter comes to Philly, I find my heart entering into Winter. God is working on my heart in huge ways. Boy, it's painful and hard. I wish I could fast forward this Winter and be in the Spring. And yet, I appreciate the Spring so much more after an especially cold and hard winter. I'm thankful for the parallels I can find between my life and the nature seasons God gives us.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you mean. Winter is so tough. Especially after Christmas, when the only thing to look forward to is spring and the time change. But I'm with you. I know that I'll appreciate the other seasons more because of winter. We've done it before, we can make it again. :)