Friday, September 26, 2008

Gifts

A friend of mine lost his wife to cancer a month ago. His blog has been a constant encouragement to me. Yesterday he blogged about God's gifts to us. All of life is a gift from God; it is "something planned for us, not designed by us. Something received, not earned. Something shaped by HIM, the Giver of every perfect gift." The last 6 months have brought many different things in my life. Some have been hard, some have been wonderful, some have been clear and others confusing. Through it all, do I trust that God is in charge? I falter so, so often. Do I believe and trust that He works all things out for our best and His glory? Psalm 62 has been a comfort to me.

My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him... He alone is my rock and
my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken...Find rest,
O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.
My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock,
my refuge... Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving.

No comments: